I tried to delete one of my old Google+ pages today and was a little confused to find out that the "Delete" icon was gone. I asked the Google+ community managers for help, and they came through in less than five minutes! Now that's customer service.
However, the current instructions listed on the Google+ help page are incorrect. Until that's been updated, here's the correct way to remove a Google+ page you no longer want to maintain.
Step 1 "Manage your pages"
Make sure you're on your Home stream, then open your pages underneath your name and select "Manage your pages".
Step 2 "Settings"
Click on "Settings" for the page you want to delete.
Step 3 "Delete page"
Scroll to the bottom and click on "Delete page".
Step 4 Confirm
Select "Yes" to confirm your Google+ page deletion.
- Deleting your page removes all data related to it—posts, videos, links, followers, etc.
- Deleting your page is permanent. There's no way to undo it.
- If you are willing to give someone else control of your page, you can opt to transfer ownership of your page.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades